When an organization is in the planning process of implementing electronic forms to replace their paper forms, it can be challenging to decide where to begin. At the start of many of our engagements, we create a roadmap with each client that documents all of the forms that are to be replaced and provides a phased approach to move.
- The first step is identifying the forms that are to be included.
- Once they are identified, you should evaluate the business process to see if it is still needed, can be simplified, or combined with other processes.
- Identify how many transactions per year are done with the form.
- Estimate the effort required to develop the electronic form.
- Estimate the skillset needed to develop the form.
- Estimate your resource availability and skillsets.
- Identify which forms are the greatest priorities.
Once you have all of the above information, you can start building out the implementation phases for the forms that will provide the maximum benefit for your organization.