Executive Summary – RIT: Implementing a Best-in-Class GT eForms™ Project
- Transformative digital shift: RIT achieved a transformative digital shift by implementing mission-critical eForms solutions with Gideon Taylor.
- Enhanced user experiences and efficiency: GT eForms™ replaced RIT’s PDF-based digital forms system, improving the experience for students, faculty, and administrators.
- Reduced errors and increased confidence: Transitioning to eForms reduced errors and increased confidence in the student information system.
- Expanded user base and comprehensive documentation: Transitioning from paper-based forms to GT eForms™ increased confidence in the student information system, expanded user base, technical independence, and flexibility.
- Technical independence and flexibility: The recent GT upgrade granted RIT’s functional side greater technical independence and flexibility.
In addition to these key outcomes, RIT also highlighted the value of Gideon Taylor’s collaborative approach and expertise. They consider Gideon Taylor the “new gold standard” for consulting and vendor partnerships.
Challenges and Objectives:
– RIT sought a collaborative and experienced partner for a complex eForms implementation.
– They aimed to replace their PDF-based digital forms system, which had limitations.
– A critical priority was enhancing user experiences and efficiency.
– RIT needed a vendor that was professional, approachable, and aligned with their vision.
Selecting Gideon Taylor:
After extensive research, RIT chose Gideon Taylor as their partner. Gideon Taylor’s competence, depth of understanding, and collaborative approach stood out. The partnership empowered RIT to solve problems collaboratively, fostering a sense of empowerment.
Transforming Amid the Pandemic:
During the COVID-19 pandemic, RIT transitioned from paper-based forms to PDFs, but challenges remained. Issues related to form signatures, submissions, and server load necessitated a more robust solution. Gideon Taylor’s eForms became the answer.
Focus on the Leave of Absence/University Withdrawal Form:
RIT prioritized improving their complex Leave of Absence/University Withdrawal form. This form involved multiple departments and complex requirements. Converting it into an eForm promised to enhance the experience for students, faculty, and administrators.
The Value of Expertise:
Working with Gideon Taylor allowed RIT to think big and consider broader questions. The flexibility and security offered by GT eForms™ convinced RIT that this solution was superior to in-house alternatives. The relationship with GT was characterized by collaboration, transparency, and responsiveness.
Collaboration with Internal Tech Teams:
RIT emphasized the importance of aligning their internal tech and development teams with the eForms project. Clear communication and alignment between requesters and developers were crucial for success.
Change Management and Benefits:
Transitioning from manual processes to eForms reduced errors, increased confidence in the student information system, expanded the user base, and provided comprehensive documentation. RIT highlighted the importance of managing change and involving staff in the transition.
Technical Independence and Flexibility:
The recent GT upgrade granted RIT’s functional side greater technical independence. They could write their own queries and validations, improving efficiency and adaptability.
The Gold Standard:
RIT considers Gideon Taylor the “new gold standard” for consulting and vendor partnerships. They credit GT with their successful eForms implementation and recommend matching the GT experience when choosing future vendors.
RIT’s eForms transformation demonstrates the potential for other Higher Ed institutions. Having clear goals, plans, and a trusted partner like Gideon Taylor is essential for a successful digital transformation. Gideon Taylor’s collaborative approach and expertise have made them a benchmark for RIT and a model for future vendor selections.